Ride with the Superior Braking Performance of SAF Air Disc Brakes
SAF -HOLLAND is recognized as a global leader in air disc brake technology, with millions of disc brake axles in service, worldwide, since 1996.
Leveraging its global network of engineering, testing and manufacturing expertise, SAF-HOLLAND has developed the P89 Plus™ air disc brake system to meet the unique requirements of the North American trailer market.
Enhanced Safety is Reason Enough.
Fleets recognize the safety advantages of air disc brakes and are making it their number one priority as evidenced in a recent truck safety survey.
SAF P89 disc brakes will assure the stopping performance you expect, after all SAF is the global leader in trailer air disc brakes.
The advanced rotor and hub design features a proprietary bi-metallic casting process that mechanically joins two materials with unique properties into one assembly.
To redirect and control high temperatures associated with vehicle braking, the rotor is designed with a series of ventilation channels.
Unlike traditional rotors that experience extreme lateral deformation under high temperatures (umbrella effect), the P89 Plus™ rotor expands in a radial direction maintaining a flat and stable braking surface.
As a result, harmful stress cracks, and premature brake pad failures are significantly reduced.
Reduced Maintenance with P89 Plus™ Disc Brakes
- Significantly Longer Brake Pad Life for Extended Service Intervals – Some fleets have reported a substantial increase in miles between brake jobs.
- Replacing Disc Brake Pads Takes Less Than Half the Time – When compared to replacing conventional drum brake linings.
- The Automatic Brake Adjustment Mechanism – Built into the disc brake caliper. This means there are no slack adjusters to maintain and brake stroke to control.
- Lower Risk for Out-of-Service Adjustment Violations – When compared to drum brakes.
- Designed to Accept Industry Standard Wear Parts.
- Seven-Year Parts and Labor Warranty.
P89 Plus™ Long Life Sealed Bearings
Long lasting, leak resistance that protects against extreme temperatures and corrosive chemicals.
Reduced Brake Fade – Traditional brake drums expand away from the brake lining during hard braking, resulting in brake fade. Disc brake rotors expand toward the brake pads during similar braking events, essentially eliminating mechanical brake fade and shortening the stopping distances compared to drum brake systems.
Air Disc vs Drum Brake Comparison
Braking from 60mph
Braking from 75mph
Tire Pilot Plus™
Improve Profitability by Enhancing Tire Life, Fuel Efficiency and Uptime
Optional Tire Pilot Plus™ not only controls pressure through inflation, but also maintains equal pressure across all wheels and features high pressure relief for overinflated tires.
The robust design sets it apart from competitive designs with durable components.
Proper Air Pressure is Critical to Tire Life
Optimizes traction, handling and maximizes tire life.
Accelerates irregular tread wear, increases rolling resistance, and reduces fuel efficiency by up to 2%.
Only reduces tire life and traction. Tire is susceptible to tread damage and punctures.
Introduction to Tire Pilot Plus™
SAF P89 Plus™ Air Disc Brakes
The Commercial Warranty on the P89 Plus™ air disc brakes for US and Canada, sets the standard in the air ride suspension market. SAF-HOLLAND offers you the confidence and peace of mind that no other suspension manufacturer can.
2. Heat cracks and corrosion perforation of the rotor covered for 3 years.
3. Excludes wear items such as slide pins, bushings, and rubber boots. These items are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects.
4. Excludes normal wear. Pads are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects.